Monday, November 12, 2012

Here's The Thing...

My name is Emily, and I'm starting this blog because I kind of thought by age 33 I would have my life together.  You know what I'm talking about...awesome body with a closet full of cool clothes to wear, fully decorated dream home, time and money to do whatever I want whenever I want; that sort of thing.  I thought I would have everything down; that my life would be running smoothly like a well oiled machine, and I'd really get to enjoy the next two-thirds of my life.  In a nutshell, life would be IDEAL.

Yeah, that's not happening right now.

My life is a chaotic mess!  I have so many unfinished projects, and so many things I want to see and do.  I feel like most days I operate in survival mode, just trying to get through the day.  It's not exactly "living" in my mind. 

I did get a few things right though. 

I fell in love and married the coolest dude I know, Bill.  We've been together eight years now, married for the last four.
A few months after we got married we got this little pup, Banshee.  She's our 3-year old Old English Sheepdog mix. 
Then, in 2010, this amazing girl entered the picture.  This is Madeleine.  She just turned two.

Oh, and one more thing...baby #2 is on its way; due next Spring!

These are the people that make it all worth while.  However, I want things to better...better for all of us...basically more AWESOME all around.  So, I'll be using this blog as a tool to keep me motivated and on track as I attempt to turn my REAL life into my IDEAL life.  Every aspect of my life needs a revamp in some way or another, so be prepared for posts about anything and everything.

Thanks for reading! 

1 comment: