Monday, November 26, 2012

Oh Boy, Oh Boy!

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving holiday!  We certainly did.  We celebrated at Bill's sister's house with good food and football.  Madeleine loved playing football, and I snapped this picture of her.  I love it.
Besides Thanksgiving, we also celebrated Bill's birthday last week, and had the big 20-week old ultrasound.  We found out we're having a BOY!!

We're really excited.  I really just assumed we were going to have another girl, so it definitely caught me off guard.  I'm a little nervous about it too.  I feel like I have the whole little girl thing down pat; I have no idea what to expect with a little boy.

There's also the fact that Madeleine was literally the best baby ever.  She was always happy, hardly ever cried, and was sleeping through the night by 7 weeks.  I'm already mentally preparing myself, as I think she might have been the exception not the rule.

I also am having trouble remembering all the stuff we did when Madeleine was an infant.  My whole life was measured by ounces and hours for so long, and now I can't remember a lick of it.  We were in survival mode, and as she advanced from stage to stage all the old information just vanished to make room for the next.  I'm sure we'll figure it all out again real quick.

Oh, and in case you were wondering...
- we have a name, but we're not saying.  It's actually the same boy name we picked out before we knew Madeleine was a girl, so we've had it in our pocket for awhile.
- this will be our last kid.  We decided awhile ago that two was it for us.  If there was any doubt for either of us, this one being a boy sealed the deal.  One of each is just perfect.

I can't believe I am halfway through this pregnancy already.  It is going by much faster than the first, as Madeleine keeps me to busy to think about it much.  I'm glad of it too because I don't particularly enjoy being pregnant, and this one has been much harder than the first.

So, as you can see, we had a lot to be thankful for this year.  I cannot believe November is almost over.  This year went by so fast!

1 comment:

  1. It has been a very good year! Looking forward to a fun filled yet hectic 2013.

    ReplyDelete