Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I'm Just A Tad Stressed At The Moment

It's time like these that life starts to get in the way and the blog gets pushed to the super far back burner, and I start to wonder if I should even keep this blog going.  Ultimately, I like blogging though, so even though I doubt anyone even notices when it has been quite a few days between posts (cause hardly anyone reads this thing) I still feel bad about it.  I already knew that I can't be a post a day blogger...that is unless anyone wants to pay me to do this...anyone...no?  Okay fine, but, I was hoping to be able to keep up the two to three posts per week schedule.  However, even that is proving difficult right now.  I'm going to keep at it though, and hopefully times like this will be few and far between.   

So, that was my long winded explanation to let you all know that I'm STRESSED OUT!!

"Why?" you ask.  Well...

1 - Madeleine is potty training.  And frankly...she's rockin' it.  We started about three weeks ago, and it is going really well.  The first two days she had a couple accidents.  Then she went about two full weeks with no accidents at all.  She wears underwear all day (no pull-ups), but diapers still for naps and overnight.  I think we got a little over confident this past weekend though and were a little lazy.  We were taking her 15 minutes after she drank anything, then about every 1.5 to 2 hours regardless.  I was thinking she was okay to just tell us when she had to go now, but she still needs the schedule.  There were quite a few accidents over last weekend because we waited too long to take her.  I still think she is doing awesome for a 26 month old, but this is all new too our routine and takes some getting used to.

2 - Work is crazy.  Last November we were told that our company was merging with another company, and that there would be redunancy lay-offs in the new year.  So, for the last two months I wasn't even sure if I was going to have a job come January.  Thankfully, I did not get laid off, however things are different.  I was pretty much running on auto-pilot and now, in some ways, it's like I have a brand new job even though it is with the same company.  I have a new boss as well.  I'm hoping it all calms down in the next few weeks, but it's a lot of change in a short amount of time and it is draining me.

3 - I'm sick.  I've had a terrible head cold for the last week.  Since I'm preggers...there's not a lot I can take for it.  The worst part is that I can't sleep at all.  For the last five nights I wake up around 2-3am, and just can't get back to sleep.  I am so tired, and I'm starting to get irritable really easily.

Between all this, being 6 1/2 months pregnant, and all my normal day-to-day things I'm responsible for at home it's been a little much.  I literally want to do absolutely nothing when I get home from work.  I try to at least muster up enough to be there for Madeleine and Bill, but even that is tough sometimes. 

The good news is...I'm starting to see the silver lining.  I asked my OB today if there was anything I could take to help me sleep at night, and she said I could take Benadryl.  I'm going to try that tonight and hopefully get a good night's sleep finally.  My cold seems to be on its way out as well.  Every week at work seems to be getting a little better, so hopefully I'll get used to the new normal there soon.  Even Madeleine's potty training, although different, is going better than I expected.  As long as I stay on top of things I don't see any issue with her not being completley potty trained soon.

So, basically, by the time all this stuff is not stressing me out anymore will be just around the time I have this baby, and then I'll have brand new stuff to stress me out.  Ooh, it's a vicious circle.  I'm just trying to take it one day at a time, and hoping that old adage that God does not give you more than you can handle is true; because don't think I can handle too much more right now.

I actually have in the midst of all of this done a few things that I'll be posting about soon, so stay tuned.   

No comments:

Post a Comment