Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!

Bill and I had a quiet New Year at home.  Madeleine went to bed at her normal 7pm, and we stayed up watching Season 2 of Portlandia.  We may or may not have made it to midnight (cough cough...we went to bed at eleven...cough cough).  I know, epic fail on our part, but we joked that we were just celebrating on East coast time.

On to 2013 though....

I can't tell you how excited I am for 2013.  It's going to be a big year for us with the new baby, and some other potential things on the horizon.  So, I debated whether or not to make any actual resolutions this year, (especially because this whole blog is like one giant resolution to better myself) but there are a few things I want to focus on this year.  So, here it goes...

1.  Record those memories - I've fallen a little behind on a few of my, for lack of a better name, memory projects.  I need to catch up on these, and make sure I'm on top of it going forward.
 - 2011 and 2012 Photo Books
 - Madeleine's Christmas Memory Book
 - Madeleine's Baby Book
 - Purchase Baby Boy's Baby Book
 - Figure out a video storage system and edit videos

2.  Get in shape - I debated making this one public or not, but it is what it is.  I need to lose a few pounds.  This one is obviously on hold until after the baby is born, but come April I want to lose the baby weight plus an additional 20 pounds.

3. Take better photos - I'd like to learn more about how our camera works.  In addition, which I think will make an even bigger difference, I really want to learn how to edit the pictures I take.  My editing skills consist of removing red eye and clicking the "autocorrect" button in Microsoft Office 2010.  That's it.  I'd like to start learning Photoshop or some other editing software.

4.  Make music - I grew up playing the piano and violin, but I never do that anymore.  Bill also gave me a guitar a few years back, that I've really only toyed with since then.  I'd like to learn one or two songs on the guitar, and be able to play them well and from memory.

5. The Big Purge - I mentioned this one already here.  It's going to be a big project, but I'm actually looking forward to it. 

6. Work on my style - I feel like I've lost my sense of style in the last few years.  Between my weight gain and becoming a mom; I don't know how to dress my body anymore, and even if I did I'm not exactly sure what my style even is anymore. 

7. Go Green - I definitely want to start being a bit more eco-friendly.  I don't see myself setting up a worm compost system in my basement or anything, but I'd like to start making some small changes here and there.  I especially want to start switching some of our cleaning agents to more green options.  I don't want my family exposed to a bunch of chemicals anymore.

8. Learn to sew/crochet - I've been wanting to learn to both sew and crochet forever!!  My mom gave me a brand new sewing maching like 3 or 4 years ago, and I've literally never even turned it on;  crocheting just looks really fun to me.  So, I'm hoping to add these new skills to my repetoire this year.

I'm going to stop the list here because the above looks daunting enough already.  That's eight things to work on this year.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I am cracking up over the "I don't see myself setting up a worm compost system in my basement or anything..."! good luck on your resolutions!! great list!

    ReplyDelete