Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Decor - Dining Room Edition

Alright, let's wrap up the interior Christmas decorations with a quick look at our dining room.
Over by the bay window I've been displaying all the Christmas cards we've received so far (just taping them to the window).  I also put up my Waterford 12 Days of Christmas bells.  They are discontinued now, but you can still get them at various places online.  Bill had given me the first two, but forgot last year.  He surprised me earlier this month with three and four!  They're very pretty, and definitely fall into the "fancy" category of my decorations. 
Next our corner cabinet has our childhood stockings displayed.  Mine is the striped one on top, and Bill's has Mrs. Claus on it; which I think is hilarious.  His was handknit by a family member who thought he was going to be a girl.  I love that he still used it all those years.
On the dining room table I have my table cloth from Williams-Sonoma.  I bought it last year the day after Christmas for super cheap with six matching napkins.  In the middle of it I have my Santa cookie jar and salt/pepper shakers.  They were a gift form my sister last year, bought at West Elm.  I was hoping they would have the set again, so I could get the matching milk pitcher and mug to complete the set, but they didn't.  However, a few days ago, I was able to score the milk pitcher on eBay!  It's new-in-box, so I'm pretty excited.  Now I just have to track down the mug.
Finally, on the bar, I set up my nativity set.  For the life of me, I do not recall where I got it; but I've had it for a number of years now.  It's very modern, and I love all the colored glass.  I just really like how different it is.
So, that's that for our interior Christmas decorations.  It's really just the two rooms.  Next year, I'll have to figure out a way to bring some Christmas touches to the kitchen and bathroom too, maybe with some cute dish/hand towels.

Now all I have to do is keep it clean until Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment