Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Decor - Living Room Edition

I think I'm pretty much done with our interior Christmas decorations.  I have such a random collection of items that it's not quite as cohesive as I would have liked, but it's done!  I seem to have a few different tastes when it comes to Christmas that I'll classify as traditional, fancy, and modern.  I don't have enough of any yet to do the whole house in one style, so everything I had went up this year.  I already talked about the tree here, so let's take a look at the rest of the living room, shall we?

Our living room is pretty wide, so I couldn't get a shot of the entire room, so these are shots of each side; plus our built-ins.
 
Here's a closer look at the details...on the black console table we have the Nutcracker Ballet snowglobe I got Madeleine for her first Christmas (from Gump's, still available here).
Next, a new purchase this year, I picked up felt Holiday Lights Garland (from Land of Nod, still available here).  I saw them last year and was hoping to get them cheap in an after Christmas sale, but they were gone.  When I saw them again this year, and then they went on sale (and still are on sale), I decided just to get them.  They look cute above our French doors, and Madeleine seems to like them.

On the other side of the room, I had fun adding some touches to our new built-ins.  Bill just recently finished building the bookcases around the television, and it was fun to have new surface to decorate!  We hung Madeleine and Banshee's stockings (from Annie's Woolens).  They are so cute, and a Wisconsin company too, so I was happy to buy local.  I'm going to get Baby Boy's from here as well next year.
I picked up these mercury glass trees last year after Christmas for super cheap from Williams-Sonoma.  The little snowman candle was a gift someone gave me last year as well.
On the otherside of the television I put my Nutcracker; a Christmas gift from my mom ages ago.  I also had a little gold wire present box.  I got it as a gift last year.  It was filled with candy.  I thought the box was cute though, so I saved it.
Then we hung some felt tree ornaments above the television, and on the small window above our couch as well.  They were from Target last year.
 
So, that's the living room!  Oh, and I didn't get a close up shot of it, but you'll notice our Buffalo head (from Cardboard Safari) is donning a Santa hat.  We also have a stack of Christmas books on the end table we read to Madeleine daily.
So, that's the living room all dolled up for Christmas.  It's a little bit of this and a little bit of that, but it's festive.  I'll be back tomorrow with how we dressed up the dining room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment