Friday, December 21, 2012

Friday Fun

It's been a long week in my household with a sick little girl, and now husband.  Madeleine woke up Monday morning with a runny nose and fever that at its highest reached 103.8.  She still has a runny nose, but is otherwise better.  For once (knock on wood) I didn't catch her cold, but Bill actually did; which is rare as he hardly ever gets sick.  He's now currently fighting the same fever and nasal congestion.  We also both had work holiday dinners on different nights this week, so I feel like we've hardly even seen each other.  To top it all off, we got our first major snow storm here in Milwaukee.  I was actually driving home in it last night, and it wasn't fun.  Thankfully, by our house we didn't get too much (thank you Lake Michigan).  I don't think Bill would have had it in him this morning if he had to fire up the snow blower.

So, I didn't get around to the couple of things I wanted to post about this week.  I wanted to end the week with something though, so I'll leave you with something that made me laugh.  Have you seen the sheer ridiculousness (awesomeness?) that is the Kardashian Christmas card?
My first reaction to this card was that this family is crazy and full of themselves, but the more I think about it the more I think it's awesome!!  Come on, there is a white fluffy cat sitting in a plexiglass box for goodness sakes!
 
I have never watched an episode of their show, yet I know the name of almost everybody in this picture.  Are they all overexposed, yes; but you have to give them props for marketing themselves so well, and staying relevant.  I think they are the epitome of the saying "there is no such thing as bad press."
 
So, kudos to them for celebrating the fact that they are all rich and beautiful.  How wonderful would it be to be able to spend your money on matching designer outfits, and a professionally taken (and photoshopped) family portrait.  You don't even have to be all together...a few of the family members couldn't make it, so were just photoshopped in.
 
Oh, and if you're looking for more ways to waste time on the Internet today...just type "Kardashian Christmas Card" in Google images and you won't be disappointed.  They've been doing over the top Christmas cards for years and years, and they are all hilarously awesome. 
 
I hope everybody enjoys the holidays!!  I'll be back next week with a rundown of our Christmas activities.  Merry Christmas!
 
Photo Source:  nicksaglimbeni.com

No comments:

Post a Comment